blood pressure, body, breast, chicken, content, diet, exercise, fitness, Food, football, formula 1, health, healthy, healthy living, herbalife, herbalife24, Jamaican, Jamaican Chicken Breast with Mashed Sweet Potatoes, lose weight, nutrition, Potatoes, Protein, recipe, recipes, salad, seared, seared steak salad recipe, shake, sports, steak, summer, Supplement, sweet, thermo bond, vegetables, weight, weight loss, weight management
- 1 small sweet potato (about 6 oz.)
- 1 small boneless, skinless chicken breast half (about 5 oz.)
- 1/4 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon butter or margarine
- Scrub potato. Trim ends. Prick skin in several places with fork. Place in shallow microwave-safe dish. Micro-cook, loosely covered, for 4 to 5 minutes or until very tender, turning dish every 2 minutes. Let potato stand until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, brush chicken on both sides with oil. Rub jerk seasoning on both sides of chicken.
- In small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray cook chicken over medium-low heat about 6 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once. Add beans, tomato and broth to skillet. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir onions into bean mixture.
- Meanwhile, use spoon to scoop pulp from potato. Slightly mash potato. Stir in butter. Return to microwave-safe dish. Micro-cook, loosely covered, about 1 minute or until heated through. Spoon onto serving plate. Top with chicken and vegetables. Serve immediately.