agua, basil, best diet, better diet, blackberry, blood pressure, bluberry, build muscle, cantaloupe, Cantaloupe-Basil Agua Fresca Recipe, carpaccio, creamy, famous, fitness, Food, fresca, fruit, gain, get active, get healthy, greek, Grilled Steak Salad with Tomato Vinaigrette, health, healthy, healthy living, herbalife, lime, madness, mango, melon, Melon Carpaccio with Lime Recipe, muffin, peach, Protein, recipe, salad, shake, smoothie, soy, strawberry, Supplement, usda, vegetables, vitamin, watching, weight, weight control, weight gain, weight management, wellness, young women
- 1 cup olive oil (can reduce to 3/4 cup)
- 1 extra large lemon, juice of (can use 2 lemons ( make certain that the lemon is at room temperature before squeezing)
- 2 -4 teaspoons dried oregano (start with 2 teaspoons)
- 3 teaspoons fresh minced garlic (about 2 medium cloves)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 large romaine lettuce, chopped (or use 2 small)
- 2 -3 plum tomatoes, cut in wedges (use Roma tomatoes)
- 1 English cucumber (peeled, seeded and chopped)
- 1 red onion, cut in slices
- 1 green bell pepper (seeded and cut into rings or sliced) (optional)
- 1/2 lb feta cheese, crumbled (or to taste)
- 1 cup kalamata olive
For the dressing; in a processor or use a wire whisk process/whisk the olive oil with lemon juice, 2 teaspoons dried oregano, garlic, dried, basil, red wine vinegar, salt and sugar until smooth (add in more oregano and lemon juice if needed).
Season with black pepper.
Chill in fridge for a couple of hours before using to blend flavors.
Place the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
Pour dressing over; toss to combine.
If desired allow the salad to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving, or you can refrigerate for 1 hour (tossing a few time during sitting time).