age, agua, aleppo, apricot, baba ganoush, banana, basil, best diet, better diet, blackberry, blood pressure, bluberry, blue cheese, blueberry, Blueberry Banana Smoothie, build muscle, cantaloupe, Cantaloupe-Basil Agua Fresca Recipe, carpaccio, Chelo, chicken, creamy, crunchy, Cruncy Granoloa Smoothie, Cucumber, Cucumber-Vermouth Sangria Recipe, customize, dietery, facts, fat, fish, fitness, flax, Food, fresca, fruit, gain, get active, get healthy, ginger, granola, grilled, Grilled Steak Salad with Tomato Vinaigrette, health, healthy, healthy living, herbalife, herbalife24, jello, kebab, lemon Chickpea muffin, lime, madness, mango, Mazimize Health and fitness, mellon, melon, Melon Carpaccio with Lime Recipe, mint, muffin, nectarine, older, peach, pepper, persian, pineapple, Protein, rasberry, raspberies, recipe, rice, salad, sangria, sauce, shake, skewers, smoothie, soy, sparkling iced tea with lemon, spinach, steamed, strawberry, Supplement, usda, vegetable, vegetables, vinaigrette, vitamin, watching, wedges, weight, weight control, weight gain, weight management, wellness, white rice, yogurt, young women
Nectarine and Blue Cheese Salad with Plum Vinaigrette
Fruit, cheese, and nuts are a winning combination. This bright vinaigrette is also excellent on a salad with apricots, goat cheese, and pistachios.
- 2 black plums, halved, pitted, chopped
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons ume plum vinegar or red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 12 cups (lightly packed) mixed greens (such as arugula and frisée)
- 4 nectarines or peaches, halved, pitted, cut into eighths
- 8 ounces firm blue cheese, such as Cabrales, sliced
- 1/2 cup almonds, preferably Marcona
- Ingredient info: Ume plum vinegar (also called umeboshi vinegar) can be found at Asian markets, natural foods stores, and some supermarkets. Marcona almonds are available at natural foods and specialty foods stores.
Bring plums and 3/4 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-high and simmer, stirring occasionally and mashing plums with the back of a spoon, until plums have completely broken down, about 15 minutes.
Pour plum mixture through a fine-mesh sieve set over a small bowl, pressing on solids to extract as much purée as possible; discard solids in sieve. Let purée cool.
Add oil, vinegar, and 2 tablespoons water to purée; whisk to blend. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper. DO AHEAD: Dressing can be made 1 week ahead. Cover and chill.
Divide greens among plates. Scatter nectarines, cheese, and almonds over, dividing equally, and drizzle some of dressing over. Season with salt and pepper.
Visit my Site to order and read blog etc.contact me follow my blog, web, facebook, pinterest, twitter: