best diet, better diet, blood pressure, build muscle, Food, fruit, garden 7, get active, healthy living, herbalife, nutrient, Protein, salad, shake, Simple Summer Green Salad with Citronette Recipes, Supplement, vegetables, vitamin, weight, weight gain, weight loss, weight management, wellness, young women
Frisée and radicchio are both assertive, slightly bitter greens that add color and texture to any salad. Match them with mellower-flavored greens, such as red leaf lettuce, baby spinach or even Boston lettuce.
6 servings, about 1 1/2 cups each (plus 2/3 cup extra dressing)
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups torn peppery and/or bitter greens, such as frisee, watercress, radicchio or arugula
- 8 cups mild greens, such as Boston lettuce, mesclun, baby spinach or baby romaine
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Combine orange juice, lemon juice, oil, shallot, mustard, salt and pepper in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Close the jar and shake until well combined.
- Place greens and onion in a large salad bowl; toss with 1/3 cup of the dressing.
TIPS & NOTES
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the dressing (Step 1) for up to 3 days. Bring to room temperature and shake before using.
Per serving: 44 calories; 3 g fat ( 0 g sat , 2 g mono ); 0 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 81 mg sodium; 272 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (63% daily value), Vitamin C (27% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
If you every can not keep up with your daily Vegetable and Fruit intake here is a great product which will help you do just that
Eating enough fruits and vegetables? Get your daily 7 with Garden 7
Supports the optimal health and function of vital organs.*
Provides antioxidants equal to 1 cup red grapes, 3 oz. of cranberries, one orange, one tomato, ½ cup broccoli, ½ cup spinach, one carrot, and a clove of garlic.Consuming the recommended 7-9 servings of fruits and vegetables each day is difficult. Just one Garden 7® tablet three times a day helps fill the nutritional gaps in your diet by providing your body with the vital nutrition needed for optimal healthTake one tablet three times a day to ensure you get powerful antioxidants from 7 colorful servings of fruits and vegetables every day
Visit my Site to order and read blog etc.contact me follow my blog, web, facebook, pinterest, twitter:
SOURCE: UCGI.COM, HLF,FDA.GOV,HSPH.HARVARD.EDU,FOOD.COM,EPICURIOUS,MCCORMICK.COM