fitness, nutrition, herbalife, exercise, diet, weight loss, wellness, weight management, Protein, sports, football, formula 1, blood pressure, herbalife24, hydrate, herbalife 24, training, recipe, athlete, muscle, better diet, get healthy, appetizer, performance, empowering, activity level, best weight loss, targeted Nutrition, glutamine, arginine, citrulline, ornithine, ketoglutarate, prolong, rebuild endurance, cardio, apple, 5 benefit of apple, Raspberry, Avocado & Mango Salad
Pureed berries give the tangy wine vinegar dressing a creamy texture that gently clings to the lettuce and fruit. This is a salad to enjoy when fresh berries are in the market.
5 servings, about 2 cups each
Active Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 ripe mango, diced (see Tip)
- 1 small ripe avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped hazelnuts, or sliced almonds (see Tip), optional
- Puree 1/2 cup raspberries, oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender until combined.
- Combine greens, mango, avocado and onion in a large bowl. Pour the dressing on top and gently toss to coat. Divide the salad among 5 salad plates. Top each with the remaining raspberries and sprinkle with nuts, if using.
TIPS & NOTES
- Tips: To dice a mango:
- 1. Slice both ends off the mango, revealing the long, slender seed inside. Set the fruit upright on a work surface and remove the skin with a sharp knife.
- 2. With the seed perpendicular to you, slice the fruit from both sides of the seed, yielding two large pieces.
- 3. Turn the seed parallel to you and slice the two smaller pieces of fruit from each side.
- 4. Cut the fruit into the desired shape.
- To toast chopped or sliced nuts, heat a small dry skillet over medium-low heat. Add nuts and cook, stirring, until lightly browned and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
Per serving: 229 calories; 16 g fat ( 2 g sat , 12 g mono ); 0 mg cholesterol; 21 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein;8 g fiber; 82 mg sodium; 613 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (70% daily value), Vitamin A (60% dv), Folate (36% dv), Potassium (16% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 2 vegetable, 3 fat
Contact me when you are ready to get started … It works!!!!
Visit my Site to order and read blog etc.contact me follow my blog, web, facebook, pinterest, twitter: